Episode #118. Have legal questions about changes in your business? From pivoting to a new business model to getting financial aid, I have seen a lot of legal questions popping up. Here to help us out is award-winning intellectual property attorney, Autumn Witt Boyd! If changes in your business and the economy have you wondering what to do and how to do it legally, listen now!
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- The first thing to review if your business has taken a dip with the economy
- Why you should know about new unemployment laws that include the self-employed
- How to make the best decision possible for your employees
- What you need to consider when launching something new in your business
- When and where to worry about getting your legal stuff in order
- Why trademarking matters or doesn’t matter in your business
“What will your refund policy be? What will you do if someone tries to sell your product? Talking to a friend can help you find out where your blind spots are.”
“Always look at the risk profile. If you’re Amy Porterfield doing a $5 million launch, that’s a very different risk profile than launching a new template. It’s OK for your level of protection to be proportionate to your level of revenue.”
“So much of legal is actually customer service. If you keep people happy, they’re not going to be upset about things.”
More About Autumn:
Autumn is an award-winning intellectual property lawyer who helps ambitious entrepreneurs like you. Autumn and her team help the leaders of six- and seven-figure+ online businesses protect everything they’ve worked so hard to build.
Autumn is the founder of the AWB Firm. The AWB Firm is the go-to law firm for online business owners.