Episode #67. Do you think because you’re a service provider, you don’t have to do all the things course creators do to market your business? Wrong! Tarzan Kay is here to show you how important it is to build your business no matter what model you have—and crazy smart tips on how to do it.
Our conversation in a marketing brainstorm of copywriting, affiliate marketing, and email insights. I’d be willing to bet you’ll walk away with something you want to implement in your biz once you tune in. Listen now!
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- How Tarzan built her first business as a copywriter up from zero to Amy Porterfield
- Why you DON’T need celebrity clients to be successful in business
- How to be successful with affiliate marketing courses from the very beginning
- The key to promoting complimentary affiliate courses to make bank
- Tarzan’s tips for impressive conversions on a small email list
- Why you should treat your email list like networking at an event
- What to write about in your emails that will make them more entertaining
- How to learn to write good subject lines (hint: it’s in your trash folder)
“Service providers think they’re exempt from all the things course creators do.”
“You don’t need celebrity clients to make your business.”
“Think about your email list like an event. Connect with people in a one on one way.”
More About Tarzan:
Tarzan is a launch strategist & copywriter who specializes in fun-to-read, more-addictive-than-Game-of-Thrones course launch copy. She also helps freelancers and service providers package up their magic and turn it into products that sell.
In a previous life, Tarzan was a music major and – like so many copywriters – did a 3-year stint in law school, en français! She found her way to the online space through blogging and social media (“Whassup, overdue credit card bills and low-paying clients!”).
Today, Tarzan calls herself the Empress of Email, and teaches other freelancers how to price their services, close higher ticket packages and attract the best clients using her signature method: Celebrity Marketing.
When T-Money’s not in “Mob boss mode,” she likes to take mid-day dunks in the pool (even at frigid temperatures), stage backyard episodes of Ultimate Beastmaster, and sing show tunes in the shower.
Tarzan currently lives in Niagara with her partner, 2 kids and the feisty furball, Cosmo.