Episode #126. This is a fun one, Gals! In this episode, the tables have turned and I’m being interviewed by the lovely Ellen Yin for the Cubicle to CEO podcast. We had such a value-packed conversation on building authority and growing a podcast that I knew I wanted to share it with you here. Listen now to uncover all the ins and outs of building authority, what really works to grow a podcast and why it all comes down to relationships.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- How I grew the Go-to Gal brand even though it meant losing subscribers
- The #1 area of growth you can’t forget when building authority
- Why your expertise can change over the years—you have permission to evolve!
- What happened when I started a podcast before I built a business
- Smart strategies to get feedback from your audience
- 3 steps to grow your own podcast immediately
“Here’s the thing, most of us aren’t good at everything. So when we’re able to narrow our expertise, it doesn’t just make it easier for people to refer us, it also inherently makes us better at what we do.”
“People think once I’m known as the expert for one thing, I have to be the expert for that forever. That’s not the case at all. Once you are known as an expert for something, people are more likely to see you as an expert with something else.”
“Having a podcast opened up doors that I didn’t realize were going to be so easy to open until after the fact. It allowed me to build an audience of people who immediately saw me as that authority.”