Episode #16. This one’s for the creative Gals out there. Have you ever felt like your creativity gets in the way of your business? Tracy Matthews has and because of that struggle, she created an incredible new space for creatives. But that’s not all she’s done. Tracy is a multi-passionate Entrepreneur, Jewelry Designer, Mentor to Creative Visionaries and the Host of the Top-Rated, Thrive By Design Podcast. This creative woman has achieved incredible feats from having her jewelry featured in widely popular publications such as InStyle and Elle AND taught countless jewelry brands how to grow and scale profitable businesses as the Chief Visionary Officer of Flourish & Thrive Academy.
Gals, in our conversation, Tracy shared tons of juicy tidbits on how to creatively grow your business. Yes, the business stuff can be creative! Press play for a creativity brain download that will transform your business.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- How Tracy smartly pivoted her business during an economic downturn.
- The misconception about creatives that leads to loads of business struggles.
- Tracy’s mission to help creative entrepreneurs grow their business creatively.
- Why your creative tendencies make you feel like you suck at business and how to overcome this struggle.
- What Tracy’s income looks like coming from multiple businesses.
- The key learning Tracy had around creativity and leadership that changed everything.
- The mindset shift that made all the difference when Tracy’s business was failing.
- What happens when you incorporate creative space into your schedule.
“I realized over time, in my own personal journey, being highly creative meant I had no business doing a lot of things in my business.”
“The times that I felt really crazy and felt like I sucked at business were those times when I wasn’t being creative.”
“If we don’t protect our creativity and spend enough time being creative in our business, our business will die or stop growing.”
Discussed on the Show:
More about Tracy:
Tracy Matthews is a Jewelry Designer, Entrepreneur, Mentor to Creative Visionaries and the Host of the Top-Rated, Thrive By Design Podcast. Her jewelry and her story has been featured in InStyle, Elle, Us Weekly, Real Simple, Martha Stewart Weddings, Entrepreneur Women, and on the Today Show. She’s been interviewed on countless podcasts and programs including, American Fashion Podcast, EOFire, SoMoney and Creative Live.
As the Chief Visionary Officer of Flourish & Thrive Academy, she helps other jewelry brand launch, grow and scale profitable jewelry businesses. Over the years, she’s inspired creative thinkers to use their innate gifts to grow their business.
Creatives Rule the World is her passion project and a platform for Visionaries of entrepreneurial companies to spend more time in their creative zone of genius, to inspire and lead their teams and to increase their profits.
She lives in NYC, loves to travel and secretly wants to be the lead singer in a band.
Read the transcript: