Becca Harpain is the self-taught website designer turned educator behind InsideTheSquare. She helps entrepreneurs get started with Squarespace, offering free training and tutorials on her YouTube channel. Her videos have been viewed over one million times in just three short years! From creation to customization, she is the go-to gal for all things Squarespace.
When she’s not creating new codes or tutorials to share with the world wide web, you can find her running, hiking, and backpacking her way across the trails of the Pacific Northwest.
Connect with Becca
“About 80% of consumers visit a website for a business before doing business with them. You really do need to have a website that has a positive impact on people who might be interested in working with you. It’s not something that you can just throw up there and call it good to go. It’s going to be the first impression. And it’s so important to remember this first impression.”
“Give every page on your website a purpose, a specific call to action, or the next step for the person seeing that actual page. They need something to do next, so make sure you actually explicitly state that on your website.”
“Don’t be afraid to get started with these website builders. Even if you have no experience with web design, they are so incredibly easy. These days, you don’t have to spend. $30,000 hiring some professional to build the most amazing website in the world.”
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Building our site as a tool to support growing our business
- How we can get our sites to convert better
- Keeping your website content aligned with your current offer, whether you’re starting fresh or just doing some little tweaks
- Hiring the right professional to work on your site
- Why every page has a purpose and a call to action
Mentioned on the Show:
Love the show? Then why don’t you:
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Subscribe to the show.
- Tag us on Instagram @go.to.gal or Jaclyn @jaclyn_mellone and let us know what you think or what and who you’d want to hear on the show!
- Want to become a Gal Pal? Head on over to this link to Become a Go-To Gal Podcast Insider