Did you know your brain is made up of 90% WATER? That means nearly every bodily function is supported by water!
It is so terribly important to drink water every single day. In fact the average person needs to consume 60-70 oz. daily. So are you drinking enough water?
How about pouring yourself a glass and drinking it while you finish this post…. Go ahead, i’ll wait!
Ahhhhh ok, now isn’t that refreshing?
Now down to the nitty gritty. How on earth will you consume this much water in a day when you hardly have time to use the restroom?
I’m about to blow your mind with some simple tricks.
- (My favorite!) Get a pretty water bottle!!! Think of it as an accessory, a pretty bracelet or clutch! Take it with you EVERYWHERE you go. Heck get two and leave on in your car! Find one with a measuring system on it and you will know exactly how many bottles you will need to drink. Set goals!
- Try sparkling water. If you love the fizzz of soda pop, try sparkling water with some fruit, create your own sody pop!
- Use a straw. Some people take bigger gulps when drinking from a straw, so give it a shot! You can find cute paper straws or get a nice metal one to keep with you.
- Drink a glass before every meal. Drinking a glass before you eat will help you feel more satisfied and full. Multiple studies show that drinking two glasses of water before a meal will significantly help you lose weight… and keep it off!
- Add fruit. If you can’t stand the taste of water, add a little zing with a lemon wedge, mint, cucumber or strawberries. Add your favorite fruit to spice it up.
- Set a timer. Set an alarm to go off every hour while at work. This is also a great reminder to get up and stretch, get that blood flowing through your veins and refill.
- Drink a cup every time you go to the bathroom. This may seem excessive at first, but your body will acclimate to getting more water and you will not have to go as much. After all if it’s coming out, it has to get back in!
- Drink one to two cups right before bed and when you wake up. Leave a glass of water on your nightstand and drink it before your feet hit the ground in the morning. This is a great way to boost your metabolism. (Warning, if you have a cat this may not go as planned, you may wake up to 8 oz of water in the face!)
- For every non water beverage, drink two cups of water. That means for every latte, or soda you drink, chase it down with some H2O.
- Compete with a friend or coworker. Make it a competition, everyone loves that. Set a goal and keep track of everyone’s water intake. The person who drinks the least buys lunch! Win-win!
So there you have it! When all else fails drink more water.. Right! I could give you 1,001 reasons to drink water, just know that your body and mind will thank you for cleansing it with fresh water daily.
Brittia Kubeczka is a Health and Wellness guru for moms who simply don’t have time to go to the gym (or even brush their hair!). Through her free challenges, meal plans and accountability groups, she’s here to help you shake up your approach to living a healthier lifestyle— while making it all feel like you’re a fitness Queen…. instead of a mombie on the rise. Her adoring challengers + customers have called her wild cowgirl spirit addicting and love to see how she stays healthy while working a full time job and momming. “Her support and inspiration was everything I needed to get going, and continue on my own journey!” And when she’s not helping women feel and look their best, you can find her indulging in barrel racing with her horse, practicing her yoga and handstands while sneaking in an occasional ice cream (shhhhh!). She has a wild heart, loves deeply, glitter is her favorite color and she never grew out of the pony loving stage! She wants to live Brave, Fierce and Free!
Contributors to jaclynmellone.com are members of the Chasing Dreams and Littles Incubator.