When youre building your personal brand, youre probably spending a lot of time thinking about yourself. My friend, Dana Malstaff is here to tell us how important relationships with other people are to growing your personal brand.
When I was just starting my business, I met Dana and she taught me just how important collaboration over competition is. In this conversation, she did it yet again! I am amazed by how insightful Dana is about all you can accomplish through strong connections.
Dana is the CEO and Founder of Boss Mom. Shes a mother, author, speaker, business strategist, podcaster, blind spot reducer, and movement maker. And, shes got a book! Im so excited to share this conversation with you…and you might be able to tell that weve been friends for a while. Dana is so open, sharing things about her past and her dreams for the future. Youll probably feel like shes your biz bestie too!
In This Episode Youll Learn:
- The first thing you need to do in order to become a Go-to Gal – Danas smart insight!
- How to pivot a business within your expertise and build a community around it
- What collaboration over competition looks like on a scale much larger than 1-to-1 projects
- The Batman secret to becoming known for what you do over what you say
- How Dana evolved her corporate background in course creation to Boss Mom Academy
- Why making changes and pivots in your business doesnt make you a bad entrepreneur
- How to accept what you arent good at in your business and still get things done
- The journey of understanding how emotions relate to productivity and the key to processing them
We have to truly think about what we want people to feel and think about us. If those two things are married, its magical.
You should not be creating your personal brand. You should be uncovering your personal brand because its knowing what you love.
You may think youre just making a course, but you never know what relationships are going to come out of it.
More about Dana:
Dana Malstaff is the CEO and Founder of Boss Mom. She is a mother, author, speaker, business strategist, podcaster, blind spot reducer, and movement maker. She launched the Boss Mom brand with her first book Boss Mom: The Ultimate Guide to Raising a Business & Nurturing Your Family Like a Pro and quickly grew to a six-figure business within a year.
Now she has over 20k students in various courses helps women all over the world raise their businesses and babies at the same time. She believes that pursuing our passions and building our dreams while including our children in the process, is the best way to build thriving businesses and families, and ultimately we need to show our children that doing what we love can be financially viable.
Read the transcript: